Druid Hills Youth Sports believes that children deserve to have fun in a safe and caring environment.
No guns are allowed at Medlock Park or any DHYS-sponsored activity.
Please pledge to do everything you can to make this possible for all the children in our program.
1. As a parent I will provide positive support and encouragement for my child.
2. I will place the physical and emotional well being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
3. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
4. I will provide support for managers, coaches and officials working with my child to provide a fun experience for all.
5. I will demand a drug & alcohol free environment for my child and I will not use or allow use of such substances at any game or practice.
6. I will remember that not all children are gifted with the same athletic ability but all benefit from encouragement and practice.
7. I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
8. I will ask my child to treat other players, managers, coaches, fans and officials with respect.
9. I will make sure that my child arrives at practice and games on time.
1. As a player I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
2. I will treat my managers and coaches with respect and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
3. I will encourage good sportsmanship from my teammates, managers, coaches, parents and officials at every practice and game.
4. I will attend all practices and games that I can and notify my manager if I cannot.
5. I will expect to receive at a minimum playing time as outlined in the DHYS Local Rules.
6. I will remember that the main goal is to learn and have fun and will let my parents, managers, and coaches know if it stops being fun.
7. I expect to play in an alcohol, tobacco and drug free environment and expect adults to comply.
Managers & Coaches
1. As a manager/coach I will provide positive support and encouragement for all players.
2. I will plan for all practices and games.
3. I will welcome other managers, coaches, parents, and players.
4. I will listen to players and discuss player progress with parents.
5. I will be courteous to umpires.
6. I will know emergency procedures and put players safety first.
7. I will know and understand the rules for the age group in which I manage/coach.
8. I will not use profanity or threatening behavior when coaching.
9. I will support the rules and regulations of Druid Hills Youth Sports Association and the DeKalb County Parks and Recreation Department.